Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Home sweet home!

Ahhh, I'm home!!! It felt REALLY good to sleep in my own bed last night!  I had a really nice time in Denver.  The meetings were very informative and educational.  I hope to have at least a poster to present at next years meeting in NOLA! :)

In fibery news, I did end up going on a solo adventure to Fancy Tiger Crafts.  The store was absolutely awesome!  There was tons of beautiful fabric and tons of beautiful yarn.  They even sold vintage buttons and all sorts of sewing additions like rick-rack and other fun things.  I was able to take a quick photo of some of their yarn!

I spent more time in that store than I should have and was *slightly* late to the next session of meetings I wanted to attend--at least I didn't miss my friend's presentation :-D.

Soooo, I bet you're wondering what I purchased (cause you KNOW I bought something!) Well, I got some cool yarn made from banana leaves.  It's called "Fabjous Fibers Banana Silk Yarn" and I can't wait to make something--I think I'm going to crochet a pillow cover with it :).  I also got some fabric squares and 3 small pieces of fabric to try my hand at a patchwork pillow cover.  I think I'm obsessed with pillows...lol.  Oh yeah, and I purchased a "I <3 Hand Made" pin and a handy tape measure!  These are probably the best souvenirs I ever got on a trip!

Here's a little better close up of the yarn:



0 comments:

Post a Comment