Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Yesterday was the 4th of July, happy birthday America!  I started my day with a surprise visit from the Coopers!  I used to babysit for these girls when they were 1.5 years old and 1 month old respectively.  They ended up moving out of town years ago and I don't get to see them as often as I like.  You can imagine how happy I was to get a call from them that they were in the area!  I hopped right over to Starbucks and had a lovely visit (though it was too short).  Hopefully I will see them in August :).

After that, I went with my mom to the cemetery to plant flowers on my grandparent's grave and my dads.  Yesterday would have been my Dziadzia's birthday (grandfather), so we always plant flowers and visit.  That was followed by our annual 4th of July hot dog at the Hot Grill....mmmmmmmmmm that was yummy!

After that, I went to the Clifton High School Stadium to hear the Clifton Community Band play as well as see the fireworks!  It was definitely a lovely way to spend the 4th.  I was way excited to try and take some fireworks pictures!  You can see my entire set on flickr.  But here are some of the highlights!


0 comments:

Post a Comment