Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Craftini has been at it again!!

Sooooooo, I'm taking the big exams associated with getting my PhD on October 22--you get two chances to pass, and if you don't, you can't get your PhD.  No stress there, right? Well, of course being a "good graduate student" I've been studying for them and taking breaks to crochet/knit/sew and clean!

Some recent sewing projects include a purse that I made from an old pair of jeans and a little stuffed owl!



I also taught myself how to cable when knitting.  I started two scarves--the greenish one I started first (night before purple one) because the purple one required size 19 needles which I didn't think I had.  (Side note, I bought them and then found I had a pair hiding at home...oh well :)).  The purple scarf--Mega Cabled Scarf from Stitch DC blog--is made from Cascade Magnum which is a super bulky yarn and went super fast!  I think it supposedly takes like 4-6 hours to complete if you just work continuously, but since I've been studying/working/etc it took me two days :).  I don't have a finished picture at the moment, but that will come!!  The green scarf is the Amy scarf and is being knitted in Berroco Vintage.





I also completed a very special blanket, but I'll post about that later after I give it to the intended person :).

I've started compiling my holiday 2010 gift list--I really just want to work on projects now and not study.....not such a good plan I know.  No worries, I won't be doing that--I'm a good student! :)  In fact, I've tried to convince myself not to do any sort of crafting starting October 1st until the 22nd when my test is done.  That might not work, but I will definitely keep it to a minimum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment