Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Stitch markers

My very good friend Lindsey recently had a birthday.  As her gift, I decided to make her a set of 9 stitch markers.  They were pretty fun and simple-ish to make once I got the hang of them and got the correct length "head pins."  To make them you need some sort of ring--I used the circular part of a toggle clasp, head pins to put beads on, beads, round nosed pliers, and wire cutters.  I also used flat head pliers (not actually sure that is their name...but the head was flat lol) to hold the toggle/head pin as I wrapped it around itself.  Once I figured out how to properly hold what I was making it got easier.  I didn't write up a tutorial for them, but you can find a good one here.

And for the final result....drum roll please......



All nine markers--3 orange, 3 teal, 3 purple.




0 comments:

Post a Comment