Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Craft Goals--2012

Here we are, about 2/3 the way through January 2012, and I've yet to post a blog entry about my goals for this year.  I've done a lot of thinking about what I want to accomplish this year.  The biggest thing for me is school.  I want and need to have my dissertation proposal finished and defended within the next few months.  I also need to have a few papers written and successful conference publications.  Therefore, I must really make one of my craft goals to craft less and make use of my knitting and crochet skills purely for relaxation purposes.

So, given that, here is my list of 2012 craft goals.

1. Do not commit to projects that will be very time intensive.
2. Use up yarn from my stash whenever possible.
3. Pick small projects that travel well. (Crocheting and knitting on my daily commute is still ok).
4. Knit fair isle--probably in the form of a coffee cup cozy.
5. Try to finish up WIPs this year.

And finally....do not let anything get in the way of your dissertation progress.  You'll have plenty of time after to sit and relax with some yarn.


This year will be a year of very few projects for others.  I'll just have to deal with this :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment