Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

FO Friday...(sorta)...Pumpkin Pi!

So as you know, I've been working on some little pumpkins as part of my Halloween costume.  Well last night I finished making all 13 of them, in 3 different sizes.  I still need to sew them on my shirt...but I'm just too excited about them and need to reveal my costume before I actually finish it completely.

So,...I love math...and I intern at a company where I do Educational/Psychological/Statistical research.  Apparently everyone is dressing up this year, so I wanted to make something that would go with my math background and statistical themed internship :).  So...I decided to be....PUMPKIN PI! :)



I'm also planning on making some sort of headband with a dollop of "whipped cream" on it, to give my costume that "pie" look.  I'm thinking of using the topping portion of this cupcake by Lion Brand and then attaching it to a plastic headband or hair clip of some sort (maybe like a whipped cream fascinator!).  What do you think?  It's quite punny isn't it?

Oh! And Matt loved my Pumpkin Pi so much, he asked me for one for himself!  So I'm working on that as well.  I unfortunately ran out of the orange yarn 9 pumpkins in to his Pi.  I was using Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in Sweet Potato and that color is discontinued and wouldn't get here in time for Halloween even if I was able to order it.  So I need to see what other kinds of orange yarn I have.  It will work out just fine :).

I'm so excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment